Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dear Band,

This is going to be my last ever post on this band blog. I’ll be writing this just for you guys to hear out my thoughts, feelings and reflections as a once upon a time Band Major of Manjusri Secondary School.

In these 4 years, I have had my fair share of good days and bad. The times we had intensive practices, tedious trainings and many criticisms that affected our morale. It was indeed a roller coaster ride. Did we give up? NO! Did we resign our fate? NO! We worked extremely hard and yes, we proved others that we are not just a bronze band. We still showed up for School Anniversary and performed our best to bring happiness to the school. Everyone loved our performance with all those crazy gimmicks. This shows how much we as a band had worked together to make the performance a good one.


As the saying goes "All for one, one for all" or our band believe “ ONE BAND,ONE SOUND!”
In band, we were given opportunities to participate in school events, public performances and competitions. Through all these, it gained me much exposure, allowed to develop leadership qualities and also enchanted my music abilities. I can remember vividly the collective joy and triumphant feeling, aide our bond grow stronger. The good times makes me want to remain a band member so I wouldn’t have to be left out from all the fun. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. It’s hard to say goodbye, and what's left are only the beautiful memories.


Last but not least, band made me realize the importance of friendship and teamwork. A piece of music would be incomplete without a particular person/instrument/section. Each of us plays an important role in music production. Music is just the same as friendship. If we choose to take it for granted, we will never gain anything from it.


Now i would like to take this opportunity to thank several people who accompanied me through this exhilarating journey. Our conductor, Mr Foo, for his endless guidance and patience. If not for him, our achievements would be unattainable. The teachers in charge, for their continual support and motivation. Band wouldn’t be what it is today without their efficiency. The leaders and committee members for the unselfish contributions and commitment to the band. And most importantly, the rest of the band members for their participation and commitment to the band.

"No one can whistle a symphony. It takes an orchestra to play it."

Here's to you my fellow band mates, You guys are truly amazing. Thank you. Learn and pick up the good things and teachings from the graduating seniors. We are not what we are now without them and their hardwork. Yeah! Now that everything's changing in the band i hope the new committee members and exco-members will work hard and do their best in their post. Listen to one another, work together as one and you guys will never go wrong. I believe and I have faith in you guiys Manjusri band. I've done my part, so now its your turn, each and everyone of you. Doesn't matter if you are weak or strong, if you do things as one, it'll be definitely strong. Take care.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! STUDY HARD&SMART TOO!

Sha'abaniah. (Ex-Band Major)

No comments: